Thursday 27 November 2008

FOUND WORLD OF TAMBUN

The entrance to the Theme Park
The worker putting on a band for my mum
One of the attractions at the Wet Park
Pirate ship
The artificial stretch of river (with waves) is supposed to be the longest in Southeast Asia
Close-up of the entry band into the theme park
Fancy riding a swan?
Another fun slide
The needle like limestone is said to be about 80 metres high
Waiting for our turn to go on train ride
Indra the tiger cub
The keeper with the cute cub
A majestic full grown tiger
My mum posing with two of the cats fronting the entrance to the theme park

With the famed limestone hills of Ipoh as the backdrop, The Lost World of Tambun theme park is built on a land that is 400 million years old. It was opened to Homo sapiens about four years ago but this particular one had not set foot in it until Wednesday, the 26th day of November, 2008.
As I had mentioned before, my mum and aunt don’t like going very far as they tire easily and so I try my best to accommodate them by taking them to tourist attractions that we can go to for a day trip during the holiday. I had actually planned on taking both of them to The Lost World of Tambun during my last holidays but something cropped up at the last minute and the trip was postponed.
This time around I succeeded in bringing my mum there and managed to save RM12.20 as I got a school holiday promotion voucher and so instead of paying RM25.00 per person, I paid RM18.90. My Aunt Linda did not come along as she has not recovered from her flu yet.
We went at around noon and had a fun day. My mum enjoyed strolling along the place and looking at the people having fun at the wet park. We took lots of pictures and I also went on all the rides at the Dry Park. My mum only went on the train ride unlike me who tried the Storm Rider, the Dragon Flights, The Giddy Galleon and the Perak Parade. I got to touch the two tiger cubs that were brought out from their pens for the visitors to see. There was also a tiger feeding session.
I did not buy any souvenirs as I am in the process of clearing clutter from my living space and did not add to it. Nevertheless, I have memories and pictures of a lovely day spent with my mum at an interesting tourist destination.
I next plan to visit Bukit Larut to see the tulips grown there but need to make inquiries if the flowers are in bloom now. If yes, watch out for photographs of tulips in this blog …

No comments: