Friday 22 August 2008

WORRIED

Azizol and John

I received a piece of bad news from my library assistant just now. She informed me that one of my Form 5 librarians, Azizol, was knocked down by a car in front of his own house. Azizol sustained head injuries and underwent surgery to remove a blood clot. The chances for success if surgery was performed was high, 70:30.
The news that I got was that my student is now warded Ipoh General Hospital and I don't think I will be able to reach Ipoh in time to visit him. However, I have contacted my chief clerk who went to the hospital when he was operated on. She told me that she waited with the boys's family, as they were her close friends, until 3.00 p.m. but still the surgery was still going on. She left after that and did not know the outcome. She will contact the Azizol's family tonight and let me know.
Azizol is a very good boy and a hardworking student. I am hoping and praying that he will pull through and be able to lead a normal life. But I still can't help feeling worried as there is this fear of the worst happening. My library assistant, Puan Asiah, was crying on the phone when she called to tell me the news. That made me feel even sadder.

No comments: