Sunday 24 August 2008

A LIFE UNFULFILLED

I was saddened when I read the news about Korean actor Lee Eon who died tragically in a motorcycle accident on 21st August 2008. Lee, who was 27 years old ,was said to have died on impact. I first saw this actor when I watched the Korean hit drama Coffee Prince this year. In the drama he played a brawny guy who was lacking in the intelligence factor. The late Lee Eon's funeral was yesterday. He was mourned by family and friends.

This piece of news made me recall that at the beginning of the year, the world was saddened with the demise of Heath Ledger. He too was around Lee Eon's age when he died. What is more saddening to me was that I and the rest of the world would not be able to watch this brilliant young thespian act in more Oscar worthy roles. I watched him act in a few television series and movies and saw him grow from strength to strength as an actor and it pains me to know that there will be no more new movies with him. Warrior, patriot, gay and Joker - what a range of characters he portrayed. At least he managed to pack in so much in so short a life and has given so much of himself to his Art. The world will forever be enriched by his genius.

So, my message to all of us who are still living and breathing is - go and make something of your lives. Treasure each moment and live life to the fullest. Pack as much as you can into each second, minute and hour as you can. Don't you regret one day and say that your life is unfulfilled.

No comments: