Saturday 23 August 2008

HEEDING A CALL FOR HELP









A couple of month's back one of my colleagues, Ustaz Syed, asked the teachers if they would like to donate clothing and other items to the orphans and old folks at the Manabi' Ul Ulum Religious Centre. I had intended to donate something at that time but since I was busy with work, I sort of put it at the back of my mind until today. I got together with Puan Kamariah and her husband to donate some food stuff for the orphans and the needy people there. It wasn't much but at least we felt that we managed to do something for them.
Mr Abu Bakar from Finland (formerly Tapia Pentii before he converted to Islam) was the one to show us around the centre. He explained the running of the place to us.
The orphans had all gone back to the homes of their relatives during the one week break and will only be back next week. Perhaps next week, I might find some time to go and see them but first Puan Asiah, my library assistant, and I need to go visit Azizol and see how he is doing.

No comments: