Sunday 13 April 2008

DISTURBING DREAM





On Thursday night my mum had a very disturbing dream. In her dream she was watching my late grandmother playing mahjong and then my grandmother left. She kept asking why her mother did not ask her to leave with her. Then it seemed that she heard that my late father was waiting outside in his car to take her back. It seemed that she heard my voice in her dream calling her and then she woke up. When I reached home on Friday she related the dream to me and my Auntie Linda. She also said that thank God she did not follow either of them or she might not wake up from her sleep for good. I could see that she was clearly disturbed about her dream. For your information, my mum hopes to stay on this earth long enough to see her eldest grandson Jeremy get married and her youngest grandson, Kristofer graduate from college . That would mean at least another 10 years on this earth. Yeah! Me too. I want to have my mum with me longer.
So immediately, I suggested that we go to the Buddhist temple to get blessings from the chief monk there and also to ask his advice. When my mum related her dream to him, he reassured her that she did not have to worry and that he would pray for her. See after my mum received the blessing, it was my turn.
Both of us reckon that she got such dreams since it was still the Cheng Beng period where the spirits are allowed to roam. If I am not mistaken, today marks the end of their holiday and the Gates of the Underworld will close until the 7th month. Thank Goodness for that!




No comments: