Wednesday 26 March 2014

QING MING 2014 清明节 2014



The Qing Ming or Cheng Beng season has started.  The actual date is falls on Saturday, 5 April 2014. Due to different traditions in different places, some celebrate the Tomb Sweeping on the Qing Ming day itself. However for some Chinese they can visit the graves of their ancestors 10 days before and 10 days after the actual date.
I went very early this year as I need to go to 3 different sites to pray to my ancestors.  I started at Sam Poh Caves where the ashes of  my maternal grandparents and my paternal aunt are interned.  
As I went early there weren't many people.  So I had an easy time going about my task.
This ladder is provided for the relatives to climb to the level where their dearly departed's crypt is located.  Each year I will climb it to have a chat with my late grandparents and my aunt.

No comments: