Thursday 20 February 2014

RE-FRAMING OLD PHOTOGRAPHS FOR DISPLAY

My Year 2 and 3 librarians have been staying back after lectures until 6.30 p.m. since last week to help Buzz and I to do work for the Gallery. The beautiful thing is that we did not force them but they volunteered. What puts a bigger smile on my face is that three of the Year 1 students, Johari, Aiyee and Shahrul, have also volunteered to help without either one of us asking them. Today they helped me to restore some old photographs and put them back on the display frame.  What is surprising is that they don't complain and work with a smile on their faces.  They usually don't ask to go back until everything is done.  But I make sure that they go back the latest by 6.40 p.m. so that they have time to perform their Asar prayers.
I promised to cook them Penang Laksa when the gallery is completed. We think that it will be ready by next Friday.  By the way, my late maternal grandma was a Penang Nyonya and if I say so myself my Penang Laksa is rather tasty.   Heh! Heh!
 Ishraf putting back the restored pictures onto the display frame.
 Ishraf and Aiyee
 Aiyee waits for me to fix the photos on the fancy paper so that he can put them back on the frame.
 Johari and I

The old photographs have been placed back on to the display frame.  Buzz and I are figuring how to add batik scarves to add some oomph to this display.

No comments: