Wednesday 11 December 2013

FIRST ATTEMPT AT MAKING SUSHI

 My friend Roziah gave me a packet of Japanese rice that she bought from a factory near her kampung.  She told me that this type of rice would be suitable for making porridge or sushi. Well, since I have never tried making sushi I decided that this would be my holiday project.
I went and got me a book on Sushi.  Luckily for me, the tools for making this Japanese dish came along with the book.
 Here you see me spreading the rice on a sheet of roasted seaweed. The seaweed is placed on the rolling mat.
 This is how it looks after I have used the mat to roll the seaweed, rice and the crabstick.
 Here is the Tamago sushi (egg sushi).  There are three types of sushi, Maki Sushi, Nigiri Shushi and Temaki Sushi.  The one I made was Maki sushi.
 Here is the sushi with the crabstick filling.
 Tada.  The product of my first try at making sushi.
 I managed to make 44 pieces of sushi. Of course, I couldn't eat all.  I only managed 6.  The rest I packed and sent to my friends.


No comments: