Tuesday 31 December 2013

CURLY BAMBOO FOR CHINESE NEW YEAR


My preparations for the Chinese New Year started in earnest last weekend as I decided to make use of whatever is left of my holidays to do the shopping.  My aunt and I stocked up on the packet and can drinks to serve our guests come festival time. I have also ordered my biscuits from the Almond London shop in Sitiawan as the biscuits are halal and many of my visitors will be Muslims.
I bought curly bamboo plants (Dracaena) for two of my house altars.The florist had already tied the plants nicely and added ribbons and CNY decorations. I paid RM13 for each set. In Chinese, it is called ”Fu Gui Zhu,富贵竹 which means prosperity bamboo. “These curly bamboos are easy to maintain and they last for at least a few months. Furthermore, the Chinese refer to the curly bamboo as 'change luck bamboo'.

No comments: