Saturday 3 August 2013

UNSATISFIED WITH FOOD



When my friends and I had dinner at Ipoh Old Town Coffee House at Sitiawan Aeon, we all ordered the ones that came in sets.  I ordered laksa, Lai Yoong had steamed chicken rice while Swee Sian chose nasi lemak with fried chicken. This set came with a drink and dessert.
When I took my first bite of laksa noodles, I found that the soup was very diluted.  So I asked for prawn paste and when it arrived, I found that that too was diluted.  It seemed that water had been added to the laksa.  Previously when I had laksa at other Old Town restaurants, I had no complaints but this time around I was really disappointed.  Anyway, I thought it was only the food that I ordered.  How wrong I was!  Shui Shen said that the sambal for her nasi lemak was just a small scoop.  There was so much rice but not enough sambal.  As for Lai Yoong, her rice was very salty and the chicken was chicken pattie.
We finished what we ordered as we did not want to waste food but all three of us were not satisfied with our meal.  I think the restaurant needs to do something to maintain the standard of their food.

No comments: