Tuesday 20 August 2013

THANK GOODNESS I DID NOT FAINT







This morning my colleagues and I from the English Language Department did a presentation on Advanced Branding Management. We were tasked with reading a chapter each of a book by the author, Paul Temporal and then present it to a select group of colleagues including the director and her assistants.
It is not because I was so frightened of doing the presentation that I feared I might faint.  On the contrary, my colleagues and I have been doing this for years.  After all, as educators we have clocked in hundred of hours talking in front of our students.
You see I had been unwell the day before and had been running a fever.  My head was throbbing and I was actually feeling very weak.  While waiting for my turn to speak, I could hardly lift up my head and was not even thinking straight.  Marvellously, when it came to my turn to speak I was able to do so.

No comments: