Wednesday 7 August 2013

RELUCTANT ACUPUNCTURE PATIENT


My poor aunt wasn't her spritely self when I went back to Ipoh this week.  I noticed that she was having trouble even getting out of the car and she walked slower than usual.  Her appetite was not good and she was grumpy.  She was suffering from rheumatism which caused her much pain and discomfort.
What I did was I had sent a message to Rose, my acupuncturist to inform her about my aunt's condition and then when Aunt Linda accompanied me for my weekly session, I insisted that she get treated by Rose.  Aunt Linda was cornered and just had to give in.  Heh! Heh!  She had acupuncture and Moxa treatment.  After that she felt much better.   I guess she was initially scared of being needled but then Rose told me that she used less needles and they were the finer ones.  Sometimes we have to be firm with our old folks too as they too are reluctant to get medical treatment, especially when it involves needles.

No comments: