Tuesday 25 June 2013

SCHOOL'S OUT BECAUSE OF THE HAZE


At around 11 a.m. today, my colleagues and I received a text message that there was directive from the district Education Department to close chools in the Manjung district in Perak have closed due to the worsening air quality.  All schools in the district will be closed on Wednesday.  This came about because the Air Pollutant Index (API) reading at 9 a.m. at Seri Manjung was 322, well into the hazardous zone.
The students were instructed to go to the hall for a briefing at noon.
 Here you see a student giving out face masks to his friends.
 One of my colleagues giving out masks to the students.  He told me that he had quite a hard time looking for more than 600 masks for the students.
 The deputy director giving a briefing to the students about the haze situation and also the closure of the school.


My boys wearing the face masks that were given to them.

No comments: