Friday 21 June 2013

MURAL PROJECT

 The latest project I am doing at the college is a garden mural featuring flowers grown from bulbs.  In the above picture, you can see the pencil sketching I did on the wall.
 Here is when about 10 percent of the painting had been done.
 You see me and another colleague painting the flowers.  
 When I was at Teacher's Training College, I majored in English Language and my elective subject was Arts.  Unfortunately it has been many years I received the training and so I am rather rusty.
 In the pictures below, you can see my colleagues and students busy helping to paint the mural.  No doubt none of us are professional artists but to me the most important thing is the spirit of working together to create something.  In this way, all of us have contributed our efforts.











As of yesterday evening the mural was about 90 percent complete.  We invited an art teacher, Encik Kamal, to come give us advice on how to improve our work.  You can see him doing some touch up to the mural.
I will post pictures of the mural once it is 100 percent completed.

No comments: