Saturday 9 March 2013

SUSHI FOR DINNER

For a change from my usual rice and bread dinner, I opted for sushi last night. You can see my choice
above. The promotion card in the picture below claims that eating sushi is healthy. So is it? It depends on which type of sushi you choose.  It appears that quite a numher of the main ingredients found in sushi are in fact very healthy and are beneficial to your health. Fish, the main ingredient in rolls and sashimi, is full of protein and calcium. The roasted seaweed used to wrap sushi rolls is another great source of protein and calcium.
The bad thing is that the rice used for sushi is high in processed carboyhydrate which might be fattening.  
the raw fish used for the sushi might have live parasites in it (often worms) and there is also the danger of mercury poisoning.
Since I only eat sushi once in a while, I don't really need to consider the pros and cons.  For dinner, I usually eat vegetarian food.

No comments: