Wednesday 30 January 2013

GIFT OF A COFFIN

Most of us feel uneasy at the sight of a coffin as it brings to us images of death.  Right?  Well, it seems that there is a company in China that has given a coffin as a year end incentive to an employee.

Here is the story.

Grave reward for outstanding employee
Compiled by P. ARUNA, NG SI HOOI and A. RAMAN

A COMPANY in China's decision to give a coffin as its year-end incentive to an employee has become a talking point among Netizens, Sin Chew Daily reported.

Coffin is kuan cai in Mandarin, but kuan means official rank, while caimeans wealth.

The company hoped that the employee who gets the award would “get promoted and have a lot of wealth”.

“If the employee does not want it, he can donate it to the poor,” said the owner of the company.

However, most Netizens commented that they would not accept a coffin as a gift.

Source: http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2013/1/28/nation/12635258&sec=nation

COMMENT
I don't know about you but as for me I am not too squeamish about the thing.  However, I would not want to receive one as a gift while I am still alive and kicking as I have no where to store it.

2 comments:

ennie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ennie said...

mum said in olden days in China, the elderly used to keep one at home for "emergency".