Thursday 10 January 2013

CHOLESTEROL FIGHTERS: HONEY, LIME AND TAMARIND

Yesterday morning I had yet another herbal recipe to combat my cholesterol woes.  The ingredients for the recipe includes lime, tamarind and honey.

Here is how you do it.  Add one teaspoon of honey, one teaspoon of tamarind juice and one teaspoon of lime juice in one cup of hot water. Take it daily in the morning for natural lowering cholesterol

I read that tamarind can prevent the oxidation of cholesterol. This prevents cholesterol from sticking to the walls of arteries and blocking them, thereby lessening the risk of coronary heart disease. This makes tamarind juice a healthy addition to the diet of those who suffer from coronary heart disease and high cholesterol levels.  Similarly lime juice and honey are also cholesterol fighters.

That is why I will start taking this concoction beginning tomorrow in the hopes that my battle against cholesterol will be won.

No comments: