Monday 10 December 2012

SPENDING AN AFTERNOON AT SITIAWAN VISION HOME



I had not had time to visit the children of the Sitiawan Vision Home (Rumah Wawasan) for quite some time due to my mum's illness and then death.  Also, there was work related matters which kept me occupied.  Thankfully, it's holiday time now and decided to spend some time with the children there.  I mooted the idea of giving a lunch treat to the children to a few of my friends and they happily agreed to join me.  We pooled our resources for the event and managed to spend an afternoon with the children today.
Lai Yoong helping to dish out the food into serving trays for the children.
My friend Carol's husband also came along for the visit.  He too helped to serve food to the children
 Carol and her husband helping to serve the food for the children
 Miss Saundari leading the children to say Grace before their meal
Two of the girls enjoying the Nasi Briyani with fried chicken, curry, acar buah and papaddam.  For dessert there was a slice of watermelon.
See the contented look on this young boy's face on eating the delicious food cooked by Kamariah.
Some of the children enjoying their lunch treat
 My friends, Carol and Shemon bought a chocolate cake for the children. 
Coincidentally, two of the boys would be celebrating their birthdays tomorrow and so we had an early birthday celebration for them.
 Everyone helped the two birthday boys to blow our the one candle on the cake
My twin friends, Shemon and Carol cutting and distributing the cake to the children.
My friends and I took turns to present the goodie bags to the children.  Here you see me doing the honours.
Kamariah giving Jensen his goodie bag
Shemon and Carol's aunt also helped to present the goodie bags to some of the children.
Here you have Lai Yoong, Xiao Hui and me at the Vision Home.
Lai Yoong, Kamariah and I posing for a picture.
Here I am posing for picture with Miss Saundari and Angel, the latest member of the Home.  Angel was sent to the home when she was 5 months old.  Her father was a Chinese and her mum, an Indian.
Me, playing with Angel.
Shemon posing for a photograph with some of the boys and girls at their dorm.

Me having a chat with Miss Saundari about the children
Nurin Wafa and one of the new members of the Home
Carol having a chat with some of the girls




My friends and I enjoyed spending time at the Vision Home.  We had a great time interacting with the children. We did not do much but just chat and gave hugs to the children but then that was enough to put smiles on their faces.  This was what brought a warm feeling to our hearts.
The pastor and Miss Saundari who have been given the tasks of caring for and nurturing these children are the ones who should be thanked for all their sacrifices and dedication to the Home and these children who are either orphaned or abandoned.

1 comment:

Kevin said...

Can I adopt Xiao Hui? LOL