Monday 10 December 2012

DECORATIVE ITEMS FOR CHINESE NEW YEAR

 The year of the Dragon will come to an end in less than two months' time and we will be welcoming the year of the Snake.  When I was at the temple with my aunt, we saw decorative items on sale at the entrance.
 My aunt was interested in the Wu Lou or Calabash and asked me to buy it for my Uncle Jimmy as she said that by giving that to him, he would have good health.
 Here you can see more of the Wu Lous which have the auspicious phrases written on them.  Some even had pictures of the Goddess Kuan Yin drawn on them.
 Besides the Wu Lous, there were also other decorative items like the ones above.  Of course, they were red and gold as these were considered to be auspicious colours.
 My aunt kept asking me to buy the Wu Lou for my uncle but I refused.  I told her I did not believe that owning a Wu Lou would make my uncle healthy.  It would be better if he took better care of his heath and went to the temple and prayed.  

No comments: