Friday 16 November 2012

ONE INCREDIBLY ADDICTIVE DRAMA

This does not happen often but I have to admit that I am looking forward to Monday when I can watch the ensuing episode of the K-drama, "Full House Take 2".  To be honest, this particular drama had many things going against it - from the way the three main actors were weirdly styled to the parodying of the lead characters in "He's Beautiful".  Anyone who has watched "He's Beautiful" starring Jang Geun Suk, Park Shin Hye and Lee Hong Ki would immediately notice that the two male leads in Full House 2 were doing their darndest to channel the characters of Hwang Tae Kyung and Jeremy. Frankly speaking No Min Woo and Park Ki Woong are not great vocalists (only one song was sung over and over again by them) and their dancing is also awkward.  BUT the incredible thing is that the ridiculous styles, awkwardness and crazy script make this a very addictive drama for me.  Honestly, I find myself laughing at the antics of the actors.  They are truly hilarious and it’s hard to control myself from laughing out loud. To me the 30 minutes per episode feels so short for a slot.  If the DVD set is available for sale, I would have gone and bought it to finish watching the drama.
 The three main leads of Full House Take 2
 In the very first episode, we have the two male leads snogging each other.  Very shocking indeed!
 Then as the drama progresses, we see the second male lead and second female lead having a passionate kiss witnessed by the male lead.
 In the latest episode, the second male lead kisses the female lead on the nose.  I saw a trailer for the drama and found that in a later episode, both of them do share a kiss.  Wow!  Very hot stuff, right?
Now after watching 8 full episodes of the drama, I am beginning to see why the director had the actors look the way they did.  It is for comedic effect.  Really!  I wouldn't laugh much if No Min Woo and Hwang Jang Eum were to look the way they normally do.  The thrill of the drama is to see how two guys looking like some Japanese rock stars can fall for a lady who looks like the frumpy middle-aged Aunty (Ahjumma) next door. 

No comments: