Friday 16 November 2012

DELIGHTFUL VEGETARIAN FOOD











I love eating vegetarian food.  When I was a child, I would eat all the vegetables and leave the meat, unlike other children. My mum told me that I refused all sorts of meat and went for all the vegetables that she cooked.   At one point, my  elders were telling me that if I don't eat any meat, I would not grow up big and strong.  How wrong there were?  Didn't they realise that the Shaolin Masters were also vegetarians?
Above you can see some of the dishes sold at a vegetarian shop in Ipoh.  I am usually spoilt for choice when I frequent the place.

3 comments:

Rich said...

Sigh...it used to be so easy to get wonderful veggy food like this I took it for granted.

Miss Cheah said...

Don't they have vegetarian food where you are at?

Rich said...

English vegetarian food is very different. Mostly cheese and pasta and of course eating out is very expensive. I was in London last week and went to China Town where I paid nearly 7 ringit for one baozi (just to give you an example. I saw a portion of nasi lemak for over 36RM!

I mainly cook for myself, as you can imagine!