Friday 12 October 2012

GRASS JELLY

 My friend, Haji Hasnin was feeling heaty last weak and asked me if there was any cooling herb.  I told him that there were a lot of Chinese herbs available and that I'd look for one for him.  When I was at the market in Ipoh, I saw leong fun or grass jelly being sold.  Then it struck me that this was something that was cooling. I bought a piece for RM3 with the intention of making it into a drink for Haji Hasnin and my other friends in the college but then I left the grass jelly in the fridge at home in Ipoh.  So absent minded!

Here is some information about Leong Fun or Grass Jelly
Grass Jelly /Leong Fun/ 凉粉 / Cincau (Mesona Palustris)

Benefits of Grass Jelly:

  • A refreshing and cooling drink or dessert
  • Has a cooling effect and helps cure a fever
  • Prevents Indigestion
  • Lowers high blood pressure
  • Helps one to lose weight as it has lower calories

**Some women in Vietnam turn to grass jelly drinks to improve their fertility.

2 comments:

ennie said...

fresh coconut water also good. the easy available - chrysanthemum, barley, 100 plus also can.

Miss Cheah said...

Yeah! I know that too. Thanks for sharing.