Tuesday 9 October 2012

LEAVES FOR HERBAL BATHS

 The fruit trees in the herb garden is growing profusely and was making the place very crowded.  I decided to do some pruning to make the place neater and more spacious. At the same time, I did not want to throw away the leaves just like that an decided to use them for herbal baths for my colleagues.  So this is a case of two-in-one, the plants get trimmed and their leaves are not wasted.  I got my student, Iffah to help hold the basket while I cut the leaves.  Here I am pruning the guava plant.
 Pruning the Belimbi plant (Belimbing Buluh).
 Stopping to explain to Iffah about the medicinal use of the Fig plant.

 Reaching the prune the leaves of the tamarind plant.

 Iffah looks on while I prune the Kuncur plant.
 The young leaves of the kuncur plant can be eaten as ulam.  It is also said to help ward off evil.
 Telling Iffah that the Lemuni leaves can be used to make Nasi Lemuni.  It can also be used to fill a pillow and help treat headaches.
 Pruning the Temu Gajah plant.
 The banana leaves from the Pisang Kelat (Kelat Banana) can be used as one of the ingredients for a herbal bath for ladies in confinement.
 Pruning the Bebuas or Buas-buas plant.
 Me and Iffah with the leaves that we have collected.
 Taking the leaves back to the library for sorting.
I have separated so that it is easy for me to pack them for the herbal baths for my friends.  Each packet will have 33 types of herbs which helps to get rid of wind and toxins from the body.  It also improves blood circulation and skin condition.  The bath is very relaxing and will also help to refresh ones body.

No comments: