Saturday 15 September 2012

BUYING LEMANG AND RENDANG


 Syawal, 10th month of the calendar, comes to an end today.  Tomorrow will be the start of the 11th month, Dhu al-Qi'dah.  After work, I stopped by at my favourite lemang stall which was set up during Syawal as many Muslims would buy this delicacy to serve to their guests during Hari Raya Gatherings.
I had promised Amir to buy him lemang and chicken rendang last week but did not get around to doing so until yesterday.  Thankfully, I remembered about my promise and bought the Raya goodies for him.
 You can see me posing next to the lemang which is being cooked over an open fire.
 The stall also sells Chicken and Beef Rendang to eat with the lemang.
 Besides lemang, there is also ketupat pulut or ketupat daun palas (glutinous rice cooked in coconut casing)
 Here is the lady whom I have been buying ketupat, lemang and rendang from.  She will be going back to her usual job of selling fish at the Kampung Koh market next week.  It will be another year before she sets up her lemang stall again.
Here are the cooked lemang in bamboo sticks.

No comments: