Wednesday 1 August 2012

SPRAINED ANKLE






I sprained my ankle a couple of days ago when I was walking along an uneven surface.  All of Monday night my leg felt numb and I had pains on my knee cap and also the area above the ankle.
On Tuesday morning, I told myself that I had to seek treatment from Uncle Cheong (Chinese massage or Tui Na 按摩 therapist) to ease my pain.  After he massaged the sprained area, Uncle Cheong applied herbs and then bandaged it for me.  He strictly told me not to remove it for two days.

Here is some information on the Tui Na method used by Uncle Cheong:
Tui na or tuina pronounced (tōō·ē nä) (Chinese:  or ; pinyin: tuī ná), is a form of Chinese manipulative therapy often used in conjunction with acupuncture, moxibustion, fire cupping, Chinese herbalism, t'ai chi, and qigong. Tui na is a hands-on body treatment that uses Chinese taoist and martial arts principles in an effort to bring the eight principles of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) into balance. The practitioner may brush, knead, roll/press, and rub the areas between each of the joints,known as the eight gates, to attempt to open the body's defensive (wei) chi and get the energy moving in the meridians and the muscles. The practitioner can then use range of motion, traction, and massage, with the stimulation of acupressure points. These techniques are claimed to aid in the treatment of both acute and chronic musculoskeletal conditions, as well as many non-musculoskeletal conditions.

2 comments:

Pak Oncu said...

aii yooooooo ,, tentu sakit SI FU ni urut ,,,, tapi jika kena GOUT tak boleh urut tau ,,,

Miss Cheah said...

memang sakit.