Tuesday 7 August 2012

SHOWING MY FRIENDS AROUND THE TUA PEK KONG TEMPLE

I am sure that like me, many of you would act as tourist guides when your friends and relatives come to visit. Since I am living in a tourist centre, I find myself becoming the tourist guide pretty often. Hmm ... perhaps, I might become a part-time tourist guide after I retire.
Last weekend, my friend, Annie Cheah  came over to Manjung to visit the Tua Pek Kong Temple in Pasir Panjang.  She came with her brother, sister-in-law and sister, Lulu.  They had come to worship the deities at the temple.  Actually, this was the first visit for Annie and Lulu.  However, their brother and sister-in-law had come before with their friends and colleagues.  It seemed that after their visit their wealth luck increased.  As a matter of fact, I have heard a few stories of a few busloads of people striking the lottery after they had made their pilgrimage here.  
Here you have Annie and Lulu preparing their offerings of sweets and drinks to place on the altar.
 Lulu lighting joss-sticks.
 Offerings of the Cheah sisters
 Me and Annie outside the temple
 Mrs Cheah and two Miss Cheahs
 The carps are a new addition to the temple
 Annie and her brother admiring the carps

 Lulu Cheah posing next to one of the Chinese zodiacs
 Mr Cheah

No comments: