Monday 25 June 2012

ADJUSTING WELL WITHOUT HER MISTRESS






My dog Angel is adjusting well to life without her mistress.  When my mum was alive and living at home, Angel was her constant companion. We had to place her in the nursing home after she had a fall in February this year and during that time she was only back home during the weekends until the 22nd of April 2012 when she had her stroke on 27 April.  Actually she was acting quite strange that Sunday before I sent her back to the Home.  She was bidding farewell to the house and to Angel. At that time, I thought that she was up to her theatrics to get attention but looking back now, she knew that she was not going to return to her home anymore (alive that is).
So from February until April, Angel only got to see her during the weekends and had readjusted well without her.  My mum was only bedridden for 7 weeks before her demise.  Come to think of it she did not suffer too long. Thank God for that.
Nowadays, the neighbours help me to look after Angel when I am not around.  Sometimes, my brother-in-law would drop by the house to check.  I would be back during the weekends and at times I make it a point to come back mid week.  Nowadays, Angel has a new companion, the neighbour's puppy, Milo.  Milo would come over to play with Angel every day and my neighbour helps me feed her.  So, Angel is also getting on with her life.

No comments: