Friday 27 April 2012

A TEMPLE DEDICATED TO YIN TEEN SEONG T'AI















For more than 15 years I have been driving past this temple but have never visited it until last Saturday.  It is  just a few kilometres away from Pengkalan in Ipoh.  What made me stop to visit it after all these years?  To be truthful, it was because yours sincerely was feeling very sleepy.  Saturday was a working day for me and I was travelling back to Ipoh.  For the last half and hour I was trying not to nod off and could really not keep my eyes open when I neared the temple.  So, that was what made me stop.
This Lai Sing Ku Miew is dedicated to the Taoist God Yeen Teen Seong Tai and has been around for many years.  I was there at around 4.00 p.m. The caretaker of the place was going to leave for the day and so I had to make it a short visit.  However, I did manage to take some pictures of the intricate carvings and also one of the main altar.  For your information, the green earthen pot in the last picture is specially placed in the open space for the 5 dragons guarding the temple to play and frolic.  See the lovely rays coming in at that time.  Lovely!

No comments: