Monday 23 January 2012

REUNION DINNER

Jeremy and his Auntie Li Na
Li Na, Auntie Linda and Uncle Jimmy
Michael and Li Mei
Michael, Li Mei, Jeremy and Benjamin

My mum and my sister
I got together with my family members to celebrate Chui Chik or the Eve of the Passing Year last night.  We had our annual  Reunion Dinner at the 1919 Restaurant.  Like most Chinese families nowadays, we dined at a restaurant.  My brother-in-law made reservations 3 weeks in advance in order to get a place.  When we were there the place was really, really crowded.  Actually there were two sessions at the restaurant that we dined at, one was for 7.00 p.m. and the other at 8.30 p.m. This was to cope with the demand.
As my brother-in-law, Michael, had ordered the set Chinese New Year dinner, all the dishes had some auspicious sounding names.  We had fish, abalone, a variety of mixed vegetables, herbal Chicken and Tofu.




2 comments:

山城大熊 said...

Happy Lunar New Year!

Miss Cheah said...

Same to you. May you have good luck, good health and happiness for this new year.