Friday 2 December 2011

LOOKING FOR MATERIALS FOR NEW CURTAINS

The Chinese New Year is about two months away and I am starting to make preparations to welcome the Dragon Year.  Pretty though my curtains may be, they have gotten a bit boring as they have been adorning my hall for months.  Therefore I have started to hunt for materials to make a new set of curtains.
I saw some really sweet looking ones (in the pictures below) while I was at the market but then I hesitated to buy them immediately. I will scout around to see if there are even nicer ones.  


There are some articles in the Internet which say that curtains can help to enhance the Feng Shui of a place.  Hmm ... personally, I don't think so.  Again this is what I say is common sense.  If we buy a bright and cheerful piece of material to be made into a curtain and hang it up, of course it could work to make a place more cheerful and brighter.  BUT - there is absolutely no power or magic coming from the curtains to affect positive Chi to give us good fortune and better luck.
Read the following article titled, "Feng Shui Curtain: Is this Feng Shui" to get a better understanding of what I mean.  Here is the link, http://www.fengshuiatwork.com/blog/feng-shui-home/153/

No comments: