Friday 7 October 2011

A MOMENTO OF LENG CHAI WONG





A couple of days ago, I asked Lai Yoong if I could have a momento of the late Mr Charlie Wong whom I have nicknamed Leng Chai (handsome guy) as a keepsake.  She said okay and I went to the house and chose a Naval Dockyard commemorative mug that he had kept since 1991.
Since I wanted to display the mug, I decided to make it into a base for a floral decoration.  This afternoon, I went to a Floral Gift shop to have the mug prettied up for my home.  The resident florist (the girl who did the floral arrangement) helped me to choose the flowers and then arranged it for me.  I left the mug with her for a couple of hours and picked it up at 6.30 p.m.  I was charged RM28 which I gladly paid as the lady did a fantastic job.  Doesn't it look sweet?
Why did I think of using the mug as a flower pot?  It was because whenever I went back to Ipoh during the weekends the Leng Chai used to come over to my house to help me water my plants.  Whenever I think of Leng Chai Wong, I am reminded of my lovely plants.  My neighbour told me that he saw him come water my plants on Sunday evening before he passed away.

No comments: