Tuesday 11 October 2011

KUIH MANJA

Last Sunday, I discovered a new type of Kuih or Malay Snack which I hadn't seen or eaten before.  It is called Kuih Manja.  The man selling the Kuih Manja told me that it was popular in the East Coast of Malaysia.  Though I bought 5 pieces for RM1, I did not get to eat even one piece.  I left it at home in Ipoh and forgot to bring it back with me to Sitiawan.
The Kuih Manja sold came in two varieties, one with kaya (coconut egg jam) and shredded coconut.


Kuih Manja with kaya
Kuih Manja with shredded coconut

2 comments:

SayabudakBaru Belajar said...

This is seriously my favourite kueh ..like to munch them hehehehe ..looking for Kuih Manja recipe n found ur blog ...got no recipe but some pictures okaylah can see though cannot taste them

Miss Cheah said...

Sorry I could not provide you with the recipe.