Tuesday 6 September 2011

VISITING MY FRIEND IN HOSPITAL

 I got this message from Daniel at around noon today informing me that he had been warded at the Manjung District Hospital.  Early in the morning, I had sent him to the hospital as his old back injury was bothering him.  He was actually feeling numbness in one leg and also felt pain when he was walking.

Daniel may look very happy in the pictures above but then he is actually worried about the outcome of the MRI scan tomorrow. The scan would decide if he needs to undergo surgery for his back.
I am keeping my fingers crossed that my friend would not need surgery but just physiotherapy and some medication.
Some Chinese believe that it is not auspicious to visit a sick person at the hospital as the Qi in such a place is negative.  They also believe that if a person's life-force is low, then the negative energy or Killing Energy (Shar Qi) at the hospital might have a bad effect on him or her.
Me?  Though I believe in the presence of negative and positive Qi, I would still visit my friends or relatives who are sick in hospital.  We should actually have an idea if our own life-force is weak or strong.  For example, if I am feeling sickly and down, I wouldn't make the visit.  However, if I am feeling okay, I'd go.

No comments: