Sunday 28 August 2011

GOING MARKETING WITH RM50 ON SUNDAY


The world economy is bad nowadays.  A few years back, one can buy a weeks' supply of groceries for RM50 but not so today.  Out of curiosity, I took RM50 with me to the Kampung Simee market this morning and see how much I could buy and how much change I had left.

WHAT I BOUGHT
1 pineapple  = RM1
3 prosperity cakes = RM1.20
1 Star newspaper = RM1.50
1 flowering plant = RM5
Ladies fingers = RM1
Ubi keledek (sweet potatoes) = RM2.40
2 fishcakes = RM2.60
Jelly mooncake = RM4.50
Ham Kok Chye (a type of snack) = RM3.20
Biscuits = RM6
Papaya = 30 sen

I spent a total of RM28.70 with a change of RM21.30.  Besides the plant and the newspaper, most of the food are for breakfast and as herbal remedies.  It does not include lunch or dinner for today. This goes to show that our money is shrinking.

No comments: