Tuesday 7 June 2011

SACRIFICING HOLIDAY PLANS


I had in my mind some holiday activities for this school break like going to watch the Jang Geun Suk CRI-Show in KL, going to Pelanduk Publications in KL to settle the problems with my unpublished book, finding another publisher for my book and getting legal advice from the Consumer Tribunal about my Corroded Faucet but so far I have been unable to do so as my mum has been sick for a few weeks already.  Mind you, she has been to 4 doctors for 10 times within  a span of 4 weeks.  The doctors and the tests that they conducted all say that she is okay except for wind and a viral infection but my mum keeps complaining that she is unwell.  By the way, she has also consulted the Chinese physician and he too says that there is nothing much wrong with her.  She keeps complaining of stomach pains, breathing difficulties, lethargy, insomnia and loss of appetite.
My sister, Li Lian, and brother-in-law, David, invited me to go on a trip with them to Japan but I told them that I had to refuse as mum wasn't too well.  You see when my mum is sick she turns into a completely different person from her normal self.  She becomes whiny, difficult and acts like a spoilt child.  She keeps wanting to go to the doctor's or insisting on being warded in a private hospital.  When her doctor explains to her that he cannot write a letter for her to be warded unless she is really sick, she is still adamant.  Dr Wong, Dr Bashir, Dr George, Dr Kanna and Dr Thiru (note the 1Malaysia Doctors that she goes to) all know her antics when she is sick.  That is why my sister, Li Mei and I take turns to look after her. I have been with her from Friday until today. I need a 3 day rest and will be going back tomorrow morning.  My sister, Li Mei and her hubby, Michael, will take over tomorrow until Thursday.
My sifu said that my mum is acting in such a way because she is undergoing a difficult period because of her age.  She is 79 this year and to the Chinese this is a crucial age to be.  Furthermore, she was born in the year of the Rooster which conflicts with the Rabbit.  Though she has prayed to Tai Sui and carried out a lot of rituals to lessen the ills, she will still be affected. The good thing is that each time, she visits my sifu, my mum will feel better.  I got my sifu to have a look at her yesterday and she has improved a lot today.  Hopefully, she will be back to her normal self in a few days' time.
I may look okay to you in the above picture because of the make up I have on but if you see me in real life, I look terrible.  I have developed spots because of tension and worries.

No comments: