Monday 28 March 2011

THRIVE WITH TENDER LOVING CARE


This is the Patchouli or Nilam Plant that is placed outside the school library.  The plant picture was taken about a month ago when I first bought the plant.  It was a sorry looking plant with few leaves and also whatever leaves on it were riddled with holes.  Some of the leaves were also turning yellow.
Unhealthy looking and dying plants are considered bad Feng Shui as they are said to emit negative energies.  One is advised to replace them with healthy looking ones.  BUT ... no way am I going to throw the NILAM plant away as it is difficult to source.  I was adamant that somehow my colleagues and I would be able to make it grow with tender loving care.
Chang ... Chang .... Chang .... Fast Forward to a month later and the plant is looking much better.
My colleagues plus the janitors have been taking turns to look after the plant as it is symbolic of the NILAM Reading Programme for the school. 
Here I am carefully pruning the plant. The yellowish leaves are pruned leaving the healthy greenish ones.
My friends and I hope that the plant will continue to grow even more healthily.  By the way, the patchouli plant has medicinal qualities.

No comments: