Thursday 10 March 2011

TAKING LEGAL STEPS TO ADDRESS INJUSTICE

After I had finished school on Wednesday afternoon, I quickly went to the MCA Service Department in Sitiawan to meet with Mr Ting Tai Fook, the Private Secretary of Dato' Kong Cho Ha.  My two friends, Sharon and Lai Yoong had made an appointment for me to meet Mr Ting to get advice on what to do to seek compensation from the housing developer, YNH Properties in regards to the corroded faucets and tainted water.
After listening to the advice given by Mr Ting, I went to the Sitiawan Police Station to lodge a report against YNH Properties.  This would be used as legal evidence should I decide to go the the Consumer Tribunal to make any claims if YNH Properties (Kah Sin Enterprise) ignore my demands for compensation.
I was also advised to write a formal letter of complaint to seek compensation as this would give a chance for the housing developer to respond.  If they refuse to do anything, then the people at the service department would proceed with the next step of helping to hold a Press Conference to highlight my plight.

No comments: