Wednesday 23 March 2011

FINALLY SOME COMMUNICAE FROM HOUSING DEVELOPER



At around 1.40 p.m. today, I had a call from the representative of Kar Sin Enterprise (the housing development company) asking to meet me at 4.15 p.m.  Ah! Finally, some communicae from them.
However, all did not go too well as according to the rep, they were only willing to change good quality faucets for me and to check the pipes and water system of the house.  They were not going to reimburse me for the faucets I had bought and neither were they going to pay for my medical check-up.
I agreed to not being reimbursed for the faucets I bought since the rep said they would replace all the faucets in the house.  I will keep those that I bought for future use.  So that was fine by me.  I was happy that they were going to check the water and the pipes.  However, I insisted that I get a letter of apology from the Housing Developer for the treatment they gave me from the time I reported the faucet to be spoilt until yesterday when I called and was told again that Mr Wong was on leave and no one wanted to attend to me.  I felt that they should also apologise for the faucets that were installed.  However, the representative was not so sure about the management writing me such a letter.  Anyway, he told me that he would convey my request to his management and would inform me tomorrow.
If no letter or a suitable alternative is given, I would go ahead with my initial plans.  So, here is the update for those who are interested.
As can be seen in the above pictures, I got my friend Daniel to be present when I met with Mr Chong, the rep from Kar Sin.  Kamariah was also present to lend some support to me.  Actually, she was there to help keep in check so that I do not explode from anger.  Daniel also acted as negotiator.  He told the rep to tell the management to think the situation over as if I were to go to the press about the thing and even if Kar Sin comes up with all their policies and also excuses, the damage would be done to the image of their company if pictures of me holding the corroded faucet and the container of rusty water were splashed across a few of the daily newspapers.  The Ministry of Housing might pick up the story from the newspaper and start to check all the faucets and pipes in my housing estate and if they find that all the faucets are corroded.  Then ... hahaha.

No comments: