Thursday 24 March 2011

THE CALM AFTER THE STORM



I was really worked up when I was having the "discussion" with Mr Chong the rep from Kar Sin as half of what I had requested were just brushed aside with the excuse of Company Policy. 
To cool down, I ordered a tall glass of Three Layer Tea and after drinking it I felt much calmer.  As a matter of fact, I felt a wee bit bad for Mr Chong who had to confront an angry me.  As he said, he worked for the company and was just following orders.  Those people who could make the decisions should be the ones talking to me and not poor him.  Such is the way of the world.  In the famous Chinese literary work, "The Art of War", the strategists who happen to be the generals would send out the soldiers to the front to bear the onslaught of the attack while they stay at the back and make the decisions.  Don't you see the similarity!
By the way, "The Art of War" is one book that I enjoyed reading tremendously.

No comments: