Thursday 17 February 2011

SCHOOL AND TEMPLE IN THE SAME COMPOUND


 The building in the above picture is actually a Chinese Medium Primary school.  It is situated in the same compound as the Kuan Yin Temple in Lumut.  Actually, I had been going to this temple for a few years but only realised that the wooden building next to it was a school on Tuesday when Lai Yoong pointed it out to me.  There was no signage to indicate that it was a school.  Perhaps, the back part of the school faces the same direction as the front facade of the temple.
 You can see the school which is situated right next to the temple in the picture above.


 The Kuan Yin Temple in Lumut faces the Jetty and has been there for a long, long time.  This was the seventh temple that I visited for the Chinese New Year.  Hmm ... I guess I only managed to visit 7 temples for the first fifteeen days of the new year since it is already the fifteenth day today.

No comments: