Sunday 6 February 2011

IPOH CITY CHINESE NEW YEAR CELEBRATIONS


















Before I sent Sharveen to the bus station to catch the bus back to Sitiawan on Friday afternoon, we stopped at Stadium Indera Mulia to have a look-see at the Chinese New Year festivities that was going on there.  This was the Ipoh City celebration for the lunar new year which was organised by the Perak State.  It was also attended by the Chief Minister and other VIPs.
They had invited a famous singer, Gary Chaw and other local celebrities to entertain the attendees.  There were also men dressed as Cai Xin (God of Fortune) and performers walking on stilts.  Mandarin oranges, peanuts and mineral water was also distributed to those who attended the event.
Unfortunately, Sharveen and I could not stay long for the event as he had to catch his bus at 4.00 p.m.  Furthermore, I did not go back to the stadium to watch the performance by Gary Chaw after sending my student to the bus station as I was not a fan of his.  It would have been different if the special guest artiste was Micheal Wong.  I am his fan.

No comments: