Tuesday 1 February 2011

BUNNIES FOR SALE



For the past month or so, when I go to the Farmer's Market or Night Market, I notice that the vendors selling fish and tortoises are also selling bunnies.  The demand for bunnies has gone up because of the coming year which happens to be the year of the Rabbit.  What is worrisome is that the people who buy the little critters for pets don't realise that cute is as cute does.  The rabbits are high maintenance pets and they don't look too cute when they become adults.  Then what happens to them?  Perhaps they may be abandoned or worse they end up in the stock pot as rabbit soup.
That is why I refrain from buying the little bunnies as I know I will not have the patience to look after them.  Instead I buy toy rabbits to decorate my home. 

No comments: