Monday 31 January 2011

WHITE FLOWERS TO REPRESENT METAL ELEMENT



People who are into Feng Shui would usually associate these beautiful flowers as symbols of love.  Besides romance, the Chineese believe that the peonies with their big, beautiful blossoms will bring prosperity.  That is why the flowers are incorporated into a lot of Lunar New Year decorations and imagery. 
When I went to a shop selling silk flowers yesterday morning, I saw that the management had in its stock a lot of new peonies.
I did not buy any peonies but bought white daisies instead.  I wanted to place them at the front of my house which directly faces east.  Those who are familiar with Flying Star Feng Shui would know that the East is deeply afflicted with the dreaded Five Yellow Star which is earth in nature.  One way to diminish the powers of the Five Yellow or Wu Wang is by using the metal element.  I chose the white flowers to put in the East since white is associated with the metal element.

No comments: