Thursday 13 January 2011

AUSPICIOUS LIME PLANT


Come Chinese New Year, many Chinese households would have a pot or two of lime plants in their gardens.  Why?  This is because the Lime in Chinese means "Kat" or auspice.  So a Lime Plant is considered an auspicious plant.
I bought myself a pot of Lime Plant from the newly opened TESCO in Sitiawan.  It costs RM29.88 which is a fair price.  Usually, the plant would look good when it is displayed on the first few days at the hypermarket but after a week or so, the limes and leaves start dropping off.  Since the hypermarket has only been in operation for two days, the plant that I bought looks very good.  It has lots of fruit on it.
My mum told me to place it at the front door to welcome in the Year of the Rabbit. She said it'd bring me good luck. 

No comments: