Sunday 23 January 2011

24 HOURS NOT ENOUGH

In the above picture you see me engrossed with whatever I was typing on the laptop.  As the Media teacher and Resource Centre supervisor of the school, I seem to have my fingers in lots of cookie jars as the job specification is wide since the word resource covers a lot of areas.
As this is the beginning of the school year, I already had to get ready the photographs of a few major events for the teachers who would be making the reports.  Then I also need to maintain the school website (thankfully, there is now another teacher who will be sharing the responsibility with me) plus publish information about the school activities in the school blog.  In the afternoons, I manage to find some time to do other work for the library like having activities for the librarian, setting up the exhibitions and also putting up news articles for the bulletin board.
I usually update the school blog and the websites for the school at night besides doing the household chores. You might be wondering how I manage to do the reviews for the dramas while at the same time blogging and updating the websites.  Ever heard of the word "Multi-tasking".  Yup!  That's what I do.  I blog and watch television at the same time.  When I watch a drama series on line, I would upload the photographs for the blog and watch the series during the upload.  At the same time, I also put the clothes into the washing machine and cook dinner as well.  So far, I have managed to get by with about 4 hours of sleep during weekdays. 
However, I do have one grouse and that is 24 hours is not enough for me.

No comments: