Monday 27 December 2010

A TALENT TO WATCH OUT FOR

In "Marry me, Mary" (2010)
In Hwang Ji Ni (2006)
Baby and I (2008)
Hong Gil Dong (2006)
The Case of Itaewon Homicide (2009)
Beethovan Virus (2008)

In 2006, when I first watched Jang Geun Sek in the Korean period drama "Hwang Ji Ni", I thought that he was one of many pretty faces to come out from the birth place of Hallyu.  At that time, I think the young man was 19 of age. 
However, I took notice of this actor's talent after watching him in "Beethovan Virus", "Itaewan Homicide Case", "He's Beautiful" and now "Marry Me, May".  Some of the roles he has taken on are as a bipolar psycopathic murderer (Itaewon Homicide), a teenage father (Baby and I), a prince (Hong Gil Dong), a trumpeter cum orchestra conductor wannabe (Beethovan Virus), a popstar (He's Beautiful) and an Indie musician (Marry Me, Mary).  He is next scheduled to be a Pet for an older woman in his latest movie.  He does a good job in the roles in which he undertakes and one would take some time to recognise him as he looks and acts different for each role. From spotting a crew cut and tanned traffic cop in Beethovan Virus, Jang did a 360 degree image change to play a long haired, pale skin and pretty boy musician in "Mary, Marry Me".  This very telegenic young man not only has proven himself as someone who can really act, he sings well too.  I am quite certain that as he grows older, he will turn out to be an actor's actor like his senior who acted as Maestro Kang in Beethovan Virus.  Most definitely a talent to keep an eye on.

No comments: