Friday 12 November 2010

CEILING ACCESS DOOR


 My new house has two ceiling access doors/panels and it is making me a bit worried as I have heard stories of burglars entering into a house from the roof via this opening.  My friend Asiah said that she had a grill made to cover the access door in her house.  The grill is locked.  She had it done in 2002 and paid RM35 for it. 
I had found a fancy flowery pattern and wanted the contractor to make such a grill for me but he told me that it would not be that secure as a burglar could still use a saw or other tools to come down.  However, Kamariah said that having the grill would make it more difficult for would be burglars to break-in and she advised me to get it done.
I did a search on the Internet and found some ideas on security ceiling access doors.  I will most definitely contact Mr Quah, the grill maker, again next week and tell him to come and take the measurements to have the grill done.   Alternatively, I could get a carpenter to make an aluminium door with a lock  similar to the one below.

 

No comments: