Saturday 16 October 2010

VEGETARIAN FAST FOR NINE EMPEROR GODS FESTIVAL

Today is the last day of my vegetarian fast for the Nine Emperor Gods Festival. This year I did not need to go and specially buy food from the vegetarian restaurant as the canteen lady specially cooked vegetarian food for me.  Besides I like hers better than those at the vegetarian restaurant as her cooking does not have so much monosodium glutamate.
For your inforamtion, I have been fasting for many, many years.  I started when I was in Form One or Two (about 13 or 14 years old).  I could not go on the fast in 1995 and 1996 when my grandma and paternal aunt passed away.  Actually, those in mourning should also not go to the Nine Emperor Gods Festival for 3 years.  Then my grandpa died at the end of 1999.  After the mourning period for gramps, my dad also went to heaven in 2003 which meant I only started fasting again in 2006. 

No comments: