Wednesday 8 September 2010

THANK GOD IT'S HOLIDAY TIME


The photographs were taken in school today.  You must be wondering why the title of this post is "Thank God it's holiday time" and yet I am in school and not holidaying at home or somewhere else.  Right?

Well, the reason I am thankful that it is the holidays now is because I have time to carry out all the tasks I am supposed to do to move from my rented house to the new one.  Before moving, I have to get the house in a stayable condition and that means gettting the maintenance people from the housing developer's office to correct the defects.  After that there will be the repainting as the paint job done by them is really very shoddy. 

Here is what I managed to do because of the school holidays:

Last Friday
Lai Yoong helped me to get the people for making the kitchen cabinet, laying the porch tiles and making the grills to come in the afternoon to do all the measurements and quotations.  So that started the ball rolling. 
I went back to Ipoh on Saturday and Sunday for a short break.

This Monday
I came back from Ipoh in the afternoon and registered at the Electricity Utility Company (TNB) for the power supply.  It cost me a total of RM180 (RM10 was for stamp duty).
Daniel came over to help me have an initial check of the defects in the house.  He said he would come again the next day and make a detailed check.  Then he would go with me to the Maintenance Department to report the defects.
Went to Telecoms to enquire about disconnecting the phone and Internet services.  Will go and either disconnect or transfer the lines on Thursday.
Packed more of my clothes into bags.  I am only leaving a few pieces of clothes to wear. 

This Tuesday
Went with Lai Yoong to order the lamps, fans and other electronic devices needed for the house.  The owner of the shop is a friend of hers and her hubby and he gave me a good price for the items.  However, I could not use my credit card as the items were already discounted.
Daniel helped to check the defects of the house and jotted them down.  Later, he, Lai Yoong and I went to the Maintenance Department to do the report and then request that the repairs be done quickly to enable me to move in by the end of the month.
At night I packed more of my stuff into bags and also threw away a lot more. 

Today
Brought one of my plants back to the Herb Garden in school.  Will be bringing more next week.  I won't be able to have so many plants in the new house. 
Sent one set of house keys to the maintenance department and pleaded with them to speed up the repairs for me to move it. 
Sent a package to a lucky visitor of this blog.  Went to inform the new owner of my rented house that I would be surrendering the keys to her on the 29th of September and also informed her about the TERMITES.
Brought back some of the CDs, DVDs of pictures and files I had at home to school to be kept in the library.  This is for security as they might get misplaced when I am shifting.
Went in the afternoon with Kamariah to shop for things for my house.
Went to TNB to request that they put the power supply for my house before the Raya holidays.

After the looooong and oh so boooring account of what I did, I am sure that you would know why I am so grateful that it is the holidays.  Since there is electric supply now, the tile layers will be doing their stuff tomorrow and Saturday.  They are Chinese and so do not celebrate Hari Raya Puasa.  So when I come back on Monday, my porch will be ready.  The grill maker will be putting up the grill either on Tuesday or Wednesday.  Yeesss!!!  After that the electricians would come and fix the lights and fans for me.

My big task next week is to PERSUADE the maintenance people to repair the defects of the house and then my blood pressure would go back to normal.

No comments: