Monday 27 September 2010

ABUNDANCE, WEALTH, KNOWLEDGE, GOOD HEALTH AND HAPPINESS

On Friday afternoon I had a small ceremony to officially start shifting my things into the new house.  For that I managed to get help from three little allies of mine who were born in the years of the dragon, monkey and ox. 
At 12.35 p.m. their mummies brought them to my house for the ceremony.  Hadi, aged 10, Shamie, aged 6 and Faris, aged one helped to carry some special bags into the house for Aunty Li Na.  Hadi being born in the year of the dragon carried two bags.  The first bag contained 7 items in daily living, that is, charcoal, rice, cooking oil, salt, sauce, vinegar and tea leaves.  To the Chinese, these 7 items must be the first to be moved into a new house to signify that there is no lacking of any of these items in future for the occupant of the house.  The second bag he carried were some of my books and this symbolised knowledge and wisdom.   The bag that Shamie carried contained coins, notes, decorative gold nuggets and some of my accessories.  This of course signifies wealth being carried into the home.  Little Faris carried my health supplements which means he helped to bring in good health for Aunty Li Na. 
Guess which of the boys entered the house first? It was Shamie bearing wealth for me. Next was Faris and finally Hadi.  When I received the bags from each of the boys, I told them that they would be receiving double the amount of whatever they brought for me.  They were also given a red packet each.  The amount in the packet was RM11.00.  To the Chinese this symbolised a wish for the receiver to become someone of importance in future.

No comments: